Dr. Mohit Bhandari
- Bariatric Surgeon
MS, DMAS (France)
Advance Postgraduate Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery, University of Strasbourg
Minimal Access, Obesity & Diabetes Surgeon
Founder Director, Mohak Bariatrics and Robotics, Indore
Director, Bhandari Hospital and Research Centre, Indore
Dr. Mohit Bhandari is an eminent Bariatric, Metabolic and Robotic Surgeon and also founder and director at Mohak Bariatrics & Robotics.
He is known for his work in laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgery. Dr. Mohit Bhandari was one of the first to perform robotic bariatric surgery in India. He is also the first in India to perform Single anastomosis duodenal-Ileal Switch. Bhandari is also the youngest surgeon to perform 8000+ bariatric surgeries as well as 500+ robotic surgeries.
Dr. Mohit Bhandari has performed notable surgeries that have gained national and international attention. In 2012, Bhandari performed the first documented obesity surgery in Asia, operating on an Asian women weighing 350 kg. He also performed bariatric surgery on a 6-year-old boy in 2013, the youngest person on record to receive such surgery in India. Bhandari entered the Limca Book of Records in 2015 by performing 25 bariatric surgeries in an 11-hour period, performing the feat with the help of a 40 person team.
- Dr. Mal Fobi, LA, USA
- Dr. Kelwin Higa Centre Frensco, USA
- IRCAD Taiwan
- Dr. Robert Rutlege, Las Vegas, USA
- Youngest surgeon to perform more than 6000 bariatric & metabolic surgery in central India.
- Youngest surgeon to perform 500 robotic bariatric cases.
- Only surgeon to have operated internationally at Frankfurt, Australia, Taiwan and London
- First surgeon to perform robotic bypass/robotic duodenal jejunal bypass/robotic sleeve.
- Youngest surgeon of the country to perform the highest number of cases in obesity in 6 years.
- First surgeon in central India to perform gastric bypass, duodenal jejunal bypass, ileal transposition on low BMI diabetics.
- First surgeon to perform obesity surgery on heaviest patient of Asia weighing 350 kg.
- First surgeon to start SILS sleeve gastrectomy in central India. SILS is regularly done at the centre.
- Having experience of conventional bariatric surgeries/diabetes surgery/robotic surgery, like:
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Banded Gastric Bypass
- Duodenal Jejunal Bypass/Duodenal Switch
- Ilealtransposition Single
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Sleeve (SILS)
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Gastric banding
- Having experience of conventional redoes, like:
- Redo conversion of Sleeve to Bypass
- Band to Sleeve
- Started adolescent bariatric surgery in 2009 with banding and sleeve.
- Credited with performing Bariatric Surgery on highest BMI male of Central India 100 BMI and weight 350 kg.
- Highest experience with Super-Obese Bariatric Surgery. Presented his work on Super Obese Sleeve with Antrectomy at IFSO.
- Launched the first ever International Virtual Bariatric University with HD beaming and webcasting, consisting of comprehensive e-training modules.
- More than 50 presentations at IFSO, OSSI, Sages
- Comparison between Banded and Non Banded Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass with 2yr Follow-up: a preliminary Retrospective Analysis (click to view)
- Single incision weight loss surgery –a single centers experience of 565 cases
- Banded sleeve-technique and tips
- Efficacy of Bariatric Surgery In Obese Indian With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (click to view)
- Comparative analysis of LSG versus LRYGBP bariatric surgery in management of morbid obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in terms of percentage weight loss and T2DM resolution (click to view)
- Our center’s technique of robotic gastric bypass-single docking, single position with mid term results
- Master video presentations of diabetes surgery in metabolic surgery summit New York
- At present, ICMR Registered Studies are going on to compare Sleeve, Bypass, DS, BPD-since 2009 for low and moderate BMI diabetics.
- More than 200 operated patients are being followed in this study.
- Established Porcine Model for training surgeons in Bariatric Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery.
- Established the largest Animal Porcine Lab of the country with state-of-the-art Endovision in central India.
- Comparing simulators and Porcine Model to train surgeons for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery under a study.
- Dr. Mohit Bhandari has demonstrated live surgeries in more than 100 surgical workshop
- Demonstrated Duodenal Jejunal Bypass on low BMI in state chapter conference.
- First Live demo of SILS Metabolic Surgery done at ASI city chapter.
- Live demo of sleeve Gastrectomy at FIAGES course, Indore.
- Demo of Mini-Gastric Bypass omega loop technique.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in 1st profession.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in 2nd profession.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in pre-final profession.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in final profession.
- Gold Medal for overall topper in all MBBS exams taken together.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Pathology.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Pharmacology.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Ophthalmology.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in ENT.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Surgery.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Obst. & Gyn.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Medicine.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Pediatrics.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Orthopedics.
- Gold Medal for distinction in following subjects.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Pathology.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Pharmacology.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Ophthalmology.
- Gold Medal for distinction in ENT.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Surgery.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Obst. & Gyn.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Medicine.
- Gold Medal for distinction in Pediatrics
- Shri Kamalkant Vashishta Gold Medal for highest marks in 2nd MBBS
- Levi Marol Gold Medal for highest marks in Pharmacology given by Dr. B.C. Bose.
- B.S. Mehta Gold Medal for highest marks in ENT in 2002.
- Sonar Gold Films, Bombay, Gold Medal for highest marks in Ophthalmology.
- Late Balwant Dhog Sondittakal Gold Medal for highest marks in Medicine.
- Sonar Gold Films, Bombay, Gold Medal for highest marks in Surgery.
- R.P. Singh Gold Medal for highest marks in 3rd M.B.B.S.
- Mrs. Malini Hamlakar Gold Medal for highest marks in Obst. & Gynaecology.
- Padambhushan Dr. S.K. Mukherjee Gold Medal for highest marks in all professionals of MBBS
- Sunder Rao Thakre Memorial Gold Medal for aggregate topper in all professionals.
- Late Dr. G.N. Kamble Gold Medal for highest marks in Medicine.
- Late Dr. G.N. Kumble Gold Medal for highest marks in Surgery.
- Omkar Parmarthik Trust award for highest marks in 2nd Professional.
- Sonar Gold Films for highest marks in Medicine.
- Mrs. Tek Singh Memorial Gold Medal for aggregate topper in all professionals.
- R.V. Upadhyay Gold Medal for topper of Pathology.
- Late Kailash Singh Gold Medal for topper in Obst. & Gynaecology.
- B.G. Dodhapkar Gold Medal for highest marks in Medicine.
- Gold Medal for highest marks in Orthopaedics (Rajiv Rallan Award)
- IMA Medal for highest marks in ENT.
- IMA Medal for highest marks in Ophthalmology.
- Anil Gupta cash prize for 1st position in Surgery.
- Khan Bahadur Ahmed Bux Gold Medal for 1st position in Surgery.
- Late Dr. B.D. Mulye Gold Medal for 1st position in Medicine.
- Late Dr. J.P. Ahuja cash prize for 1st position in 3rd MBBS.
- IMA Gold Medal for overall 1st position in Pre-final.
- Late Dr. Bhagwat Gold Medal for 1st position in Obst. & Gynaecology.
- M.V. Kamath Gold Medal for highest marks in Gen. Surgery in 2003.
This Award is given to most outstanding student of batch for both academic & extra academic activities. Received this award in year 2003.
The award was given for overall topper with individual first position in all the professions and with first position in Pharmacology, Pathology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Surgery, Medicine, Obst. & Gynae, Paediatrics & Orthopedics.
To consult Dr. Mohit Bhandari, click the button below: