5 Reasons of increased Hypertension due to Obesity
May 17th is World Hypertension Day, and obesity being the 2nd most crucial cause of hypertension has to be paid attention on immediate basis. Check out 5 reasons of increased hypertension due to obesity mentioned below –
- Moving the blood around the body requires more pressure due to overweight.
- Increased weight in abdominal area causes stiffness in arteries and thus, risk of hyper-tension rises.
- When blood moves under pressure in hard blood vessels it boosts adrenaline and thus, causes increased salt retention and further escalates blood pressure.
- Obesity is associated with sleep apnea and diabetes which again increases the risk of hyper-tension.
- Obese patients are continuously under mental pressure of reducing weight and improving health condition which makes them prone to depression. Depression and stress are also major reasons of hyper-tension.
Click here to book an appointment with a bariatric surgeon and treat obesity to get rid of all the diseases associated with it. Don’t let obesity engulf you in the vicious circle of hypertension and cardiac diseases.